Thursday, April 14, 2011

Critique

Align CenterOh my lord - thank god for this blog because I need to vent!
A few weeks ago, I got up the guts to post pictures in a photography forum for ruthless critique. I was so scared that I completely blocked it out of my brain....until tonight.

I was actually shaking as I typed the words in the browser because - as my mom will tell you - I am a terrible "critique-taker". I get very easily offended, I take things the wrong way, oy - loads of flaws, I know.
So I looked. Six comments.

Five minutes later, I was staring at the screen.




"Oh my god....they liked my pictures. What did that girl mean the pose isn't good?!.....Wait, they liked my pictures?!?.....Ok.......ok.....I need to watch the focus, work on highlights and composure ......wait. THEY LIKE THEM????"

*Sigh of relief*

Fine, so it wasn't all good. And none of it was great. But it was sufficient for where I was in my learning phase.




.....I'm fine.


I'm more than fine - I'm ghiddy! I just took six comments worth of criticism and I'm not dead.
And it hits me - I've shot a few weddings and no complaints.....huh. This might actually work.
I might get to do what I love for the rest of my life.

....What a feeling. What an incredible feeling.


Can't post without pictures, right?! Here's one us - rare but still!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I am NOT surprised to hear this but very proud of you nonetheless! Criticism (when it isn't necessarily "constructive") is difficult! THE PICTURE IS PRECIOUS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...